The Government of Canada is committed to working with all interested parties to ensure that species at risk and their critical habitats are protected. The Act supports this commitment, by providing the public with an opportunity to comment on proposed documents. These documents are listed in the current public consultations. To make your comment, please select that document and use the attached comment form.
The Act includes provisions that strengthen the Government of Canada's commitment to encourage and support public participation and transparency in environmental decision-making. This includes sections that specifically address enhanced opportunities for public participation.
Finally, any SARA related public consultation opportunities are highlighted in the Public Registry. In addition, industry and individuals are invited to participate in the wide variety of public consultations through notices published in Canada's official parliamentary journal, the Canada Gazette.
Current Public Consultations
Recovery Strategy for the Whitebark Pine (Pinus albicaulis) in Canada
Comment period: 2017-10-18 to 2017-12-17
Bocaccio: Consultations on listing under the Species at Risk Act
Comment period: 2017-9-7 to 2017-12-8
Action Plan for the Leatherback Sea Turtle (Dermochelys coriacea) in Canada (Pacific population)
Comment period: 2017-9-8 to 2017-11-7
Completed Public Consultations
- Public Consultations 2017
- Public Consultations 2016
- Public Consultations 2015
- Public Consultations 2014
- Public Consultations 2013
- Public Consultations 2012
- Public Consultations 2011
- Public Consultations 2010
- Public Consultations 2009
- Public Consultations 2008
- Public Consultations 2007
- Public Consultations 2006
- Public Consultations 2005
- Public Consultations 2004
- Public Consultations 2003
Please note that any personal information collected on the comment form is subject to the terms and conditions under the Privacy Act.
- Date modified: