Permits, Agreements and Exceptions
The Minister of the Environment has issued the Permits Authorizing an Activity Affecting Listed Wildlife Species Regulations. The regulations have been published in the Canada Gazette, Part II. For additional information, please also consult the Questions and Answers.
As part of the Responsible Resource Development plan announced on April 17, 2012, some changes have been made to the Species at Risk Act (SARA) which will reduce regulatory burden while strengthening environmental protection. See Factsheet
Agreements are arrangements made by the federal government to provide for the administration and implementation of various provisions under the Act. This may include those for the delegation of authority, administration of provisions, or alternative measures to deal with a person who is alleged to have committed an offence. You will also find permits related to SARA. Finally, you will find any related international agreements which can be entered into under the Constitution.
Please view the following for more information and to access documents included in the Registry:
- SARA E-permitting System
- Delegation of Authority Agreements
- Administrative Agreements
- Alternative Measures Agreements
- SARA Permits and Agreements
- Related International Agreements
- Exceptions Under Section 83 of the Act
- Service Standards and Performance Targets for Permitting Decisions Under the Species at Risk Act
- Date Modified: